HOW TO RECOVER A HACKED FACEBOOK ACCOUNT.
Facebook is the most widely used social network. A lot of people are using it for so many things like business, advertisement, online promotions etc. Have your account been hacked? Don’t worry we have provided you with Simplest ways to recover a hacked Facebook account. Just relax and read through…
It is important that you learn how to stay safe on Facebook click here to learn how to protect your account from being hacked.
Here are some of the things you can do to recover your account.
WHEN YOUR PASSWORD IS CHANGED
Hacking is meanly done by changing the password of an account so that the original user cannot access it. As a matter of fact, recovering such account is relatively easier. You need to follow these steps for doing so.
- If only the password has changed and you still have access to the associated email of the account then you may go to the “forgot password” option at the Facebook login page.
- Facebook will lead you to another page and will ask you to enter either your username, email address or the phone number. You can select any of the options.
- Facebook will find your profile, view your specific profile enter either the email address or mobile number and click on “continue”.
- A recovery code will be sent to your desired recovery option. Enter that code and click continue.
- Now set your new password and your account will be ready to use again.
WHEN YOU NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR EMAIL.
When the hacker has gone deeper to change the email that you no longer have access to your email, try the following tips
- Click on the ‘forgot password’ option.
- Now let Facebook search your profile by entering your username or email address
- Once you have been located by Facebook, click on your profile, a dialogue box will open to reset your password.
- Click on “no longer have access to these” as you do not have access to your associated email address.
- Then extended recovery options will be given and it depends on the age of the Facebook account. Old Facebook accounts have the option of Security question to recover their account.
- New Facebook users can use the option of “trusted contacts” to regain access to their account. For doing so, enter the email address you have access to, and click on reveal my trusted contacts and enter the name of one of them. Facebook will provide a link that only your trusted contact can access. Ask them to click on the link and get the security code for you. Enter the security code to recover your account.
WHEN PASSWORD AND EMAIL IS CHANGED
If your password, as well as the associated email, has been changed, then the chances of recovering the account have somewhat reduced. To get through this type of situations there are two procedures that you can apply. It will require you to recover the account either by your mobile number or old email address.
- By recovering from the mobile number all you need to do is go to the Facebook page. Click on the “forgot password” option. Then enter your account information like username or email address, once your Facebook profile appears, click on it and recovery options will appear. Click on the mobile number option. Enter your mobile number, Facebook will send you a text message in which a security code will be given. Enter the recovery code to the dialogue box. Now you will be able to set a new password for your Facebook account.
- The other way is to recover with email change notification. If your email address has been changed, then Facebook will send an email to your previously entailing email address and notify you about the email change.
- If your email id has been hacked, then there will be an option “if you did not do this, please secure your account” click on it. You will be given the option to secure your account.
- Then Facebook will provide you with a number of recovery options according to the account and security. You may be asked to upload the government ID, Facebook will verify it and reactivate your account.
- Another option will be to enter your date of birth to recover the account.
- Another fun option is that Facebook will ask you to recognize your friends by showing you their pictures and asking their names.
If none of the methods worked for you to recover your Facebook account, here is the new updated methods for you. Facebook just published a new security update which allows you to reset your password without any verification (in some cases) only if you try to reset your password from the device that you use mostly for login to Facebook. It means that if your Facebook got hacked, and if you tried many methods and not worked just try the method below;
- Open the device that you use mostly for Facebook like log-in, log-out or any activity that you’ve made mostly.
- For example; your iPhone using it for 2 years for Facebook as well.
- Just try to recover / reset your password from that device.
- If Facebook recognizes your device, you’ll be able to reset your password without any verification.
- To increase your chance, if it’s possible, while trying to reset your Facebook password, use the Wi-Fi / Network you use for Facebook mostly like your Home Wi-Fi etc.
This may not work on your case, but you should try. If you still could not achieve it, just put your comment below so we can give some suggestions for your case.
Facebook currently launched / extended a service called: Identity Verification. With this feature, you will be able to confirm your identity by sending government issued ID. After sending your ID, Facebook will response to you in 1-3 days and will help you to get back your account easily. Here are the steps:
- Go to: https://en-gb.facebook.com/help/contact/183000765122339
- Fill the form, attach your government issued ID.
- Send the form to Facebook and wait couple of days.
- Then Facebook will send you an e-mail about recovery.
hope this post is helpful, please share